Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Carbon Giant Footprint!

I've just calculated my carbon footprint - and it's nearly 11 tonnes! Help! It's more than the average Brit. I think my car mileage doesn't help, and I'm not sure I calculated that right. I must go back and look at my records and see whether I can work out what the annual mileage really is...

Big sigh. Time to do some more green stuff. I thought we were pretty good really - we buy some of our food at the farmers market, I'm getting going on the allotment, growing some of our own food. A very little this year, but then it is our first year! We turn appliances off at the wall when we're not using them, lights off when we leave the room, don't have the heating going if we don't need it, don't take that many flights. I thought.

It did occur to me - I wonder how accurate the calculator is? Hmmm.

Ha! Just used another calculator, and it's just over 9 tonnes. Still not good though...

No comments: